One of the greatest perks of the Glass Door Salon culture is that we are deeply rooted in community, connection, and transparency. Adjusting to respect Virginia’s Phase 3 regulations won’t be terribly difficult in practical matters, but will feel quite unlike us in terms of heart and soul… for now. We’ve dropped nuggets of changes through our Facebook Live posts, but here we’ll list all in one place what is to come.
For the time being, here are a few changes we’ve been required to make and we ask for your cooperation so that we can all move forward as swiftly as possible. After looking this over, please feel free to reach out privately with any questions or concerns. We hope this season will pass safely and soon so that we can get back into our comfy, cozy groove.
Phase 3 adjustments:
- Please remain in your car upon arrival. Call or email to let us know you’ve arrived and your stylist will come for you in the parking lot when she is ready to receive you.
- Please arrive with your mask already on. (Please have a second mask ready if you are receiving color services as one will possibly get stained or wet. Please wear masks that you don’t mind getting messy and stained.)
- Please understand that if we don’t already have both your phone number AND email address, we will be requesting the missing information.
- Checking with the receptionist to confirm whether or not you have a blow-dry specifically scheduled. Not all stylists are performing blow-dries at this time. Assuming we stay out of Phase 1, we will resume blow-dry scheduling September 1st. Currently our self-dry stations are still shut down (along with our waiting area) to help us maintain our minimized occupancy regulations.
- Please understand that if we need more time than usual to perform your haircut, there will be an additional charge called “Hair Other” on your ticket; more chemical mixture, “Color Other” to compensate the salon for the additional color/developer used. These miscellaneous service charges have always existed on our menu, but we suspect that given the unusually large distance between appointments, we might have to use both additional time AND resources to catch back up in many cases.
- We need you to cancel your appointment if you have a fever. (Actually, that’s an all-the-time request, not just a pandemic request.) Additionally, please reschedule your appointment if you suspect that in the last 14 days you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have experienced the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Additionally, in accordance with Virginia’s newly posted regulations and recommended best practices, we are temporarily:
- Required to refuse a service if a guest will not wear a mask.
- Required to operate at minimized occupancy. Unless you are bringing a nursing child, we need each guest to arrive solo (or with another guest who is also receiving a hair service at that time). No buddies/moral support, please.
- Suspending the use of our hot beverage station.
- Suspending beard trims and waxing services that would require mask removal. Brow waxing IS back!
Specific to haircuts that don’t include blow-dries: Please arrive with hair as clean and styled (dry!) as possible. Just do your best! This will help us to get a great read on how your hair situation has developed and the best changes and adjustments we can make for you. By arriving clean and styled, your stylist will be able to determine if a wet or dry trim will benefit you the most.
Specific to color services, for the time being, please remember to bring more than one mask understanding that one might get wet and/or stained.
We are eager to serve you and do hope that these temporary restrictions will barely be noticeable for the joy of some much-deserved self-care!
See you soon!